Katiannidae gen. nov. 1, sp. nov.
A fabulous time was had by all!
Saturday 21st January 2017
- A torch or lantern - it'll be dark by the time we're done, so make sure you bring a light of some kind with you.
- A mug - there'll be a hot drink provided for everyone. We'll get some paper cups just in case, but to help us save on waste, please bring your own cup/mug/beaker if you can.
- A slice or two of toast - yes really! We'll be hanging the trees with toast as an offering to the tree spirits and to the birds.
- Brightly coloured ribbons - for dressing the trees with.
- A noise maker (optional) - children especially are encouraged to bring a rattle, shaker or something to bang, to help us scare away any dark spirits that might be lurking!
- A musical instrument (optional) - if you'd like to join in with the music making.
Autumn Planting Day - Saturday 22nd October 2016
Saturday saw people of all ages turning out to help plant more trees in the orchard. We now have 40 fruit and nut trees for the community to enjoy in the years to come, and there are even a few more in the pipeline which we weren't quite able to get in time for this planting!
A one day course
Saturday 17th September 2016, 10am – 4pm
at Trosnant, Llandrindod Wells and the Llandrindod Pomarium Community Orchard
- How to set up the scythe for your body dimensions
- Selecting the right blade for the job
- Altering the angle of the blade
- How to sharpen the blade
- How to mow with ease & flow!
- Later in the day we cover how to repair blades & have a go at ‘peening’ the blade with the peening jig.